UAE officials recently unveiled its new Visa on Arrival initiative for Indian travelers arriving at their country’s ports of entry starting August 30, 2023, giving those meeting certain criteria a 14 day visa upon entry to make visiting more accessible for anyone planning a trip there.
Who’s Eligible for the 14-Day Visa on Arrival?
Indian nationals with a regular passport are entitled to a 14-day Visa on Arrival if they satisfy the following requirements:
- Possession of a visit visa issued by the United States OR
- Holding a green card issued by the United States OR
- Having a residence visa issued by the United Kingdom OR
- Carrying a residence visa issued by the European Union (EU)
You should note that your visa or greencard must be valid at least for six months after the date of arrival in the UAE. Your passport’s validity must be at least six months after the date of entry.
Advanced Visa Application Option
To make it easier for eligible Indian citizens, the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security, ICP, offers an online portal through which they can apply for a visa in advance. By applying in advance, you can avoid standing in long lines at the airport. Follow these steps to apply.
- Visit the website smartservices.icp.gov.ae and click on ‘Public Visa Services’ in the menu tab.
- Locate the service named ‘Issue Entry Permit For Holders Of Special Visas’ and click on ‘Start Service.’
- Fill in the application with your personal details, including name, preferred language, nationality, occupation, date of birth, passport information, and more.
- Provide your UAE address (hotel or residential).
- Enter your ‘special visa information,’ including type and validity dates.
- Upload copies of your passport, EU/US/UK visit visa, and residence permit or green card.
Extending Your Visa
The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers an option for travelers who wish to extend their stay. They can extend the 14-day initial visa upon arrival by an additional 14 days. Your location will determine the extension process.
- Dubai: Apply for the extension through the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFAD).
- Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, and Fujairah: Seek the extension from the immigration authority, ICP.
The extension can be applied for at Amer centres or registered typing centers that process visas for tourists and residents on behalf of GDRFAD.
Cost for Online Application
To obtain the visa, travelers need to pay the following fees:
- Visa issuance fee: Dh100
- E-Services fee: Dh28
- ICP fees: Dh22
- Smart services fee: Dh100
Please note that service fees can vary depending on what information you provide in your application.
This new Visa on Arrival is a game changer for Indian travelers. It offers greater flexibility and convenience to those who plan to visit the UAE. This new Visa on Arrival option makes it easier than ever to explore the UAE, whether for business or pleasure.
For more details and to apply online, visit smartservices.icp.gov.ae.
Talk to one of our certified travel advisors for more details: 1-866-723-9393