With respect to increasing cases of Covid-19, the government is finding out the way to deal with a rapidly evolving condition which is a challenge for the entire world. The Pakistan Government has introduced systematic and organized safety measures to bring back the individuals who wish to return to their nation, Pakistan.
The goal is to provide guidelines to the aviation authorities on the detection, management and reporting of a suspected case of COVID-19 to minimize the risk of transmission from passengers arriving from overseas.
The Pakistan Government has lifted travel restriction and asked its citizens to take extra precautions and follow implemented standard operating procedures (SOPs) to curb the spread of coronavirus.
Implemented SOP for International Inbound Passengers
Aircraft operations are subject to full compliance with the directives of the Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (PCAA) on aircraft disinfection, passenger safety and crew protection measures. All airlines must ensure that all passengers and crew members fully comply with the SOPs introduced by the PCAA in letter and spirit. Failure to do so would result in strict disciplinary action by the PCAA.
In order to ensure the safety of passengers and crew and to mitigate the risks associated with Covid-19, the following steps should be taken in the case of flights to Pakistan involving passengers and chartered aircraft.
Pre-embarking Safety Measure
- It requires Covid-19 RT-PCR test from passengers traveling to Pakistan effective from October 5th, 2020. The Ministry National Health Services, Regulation and coordination have categorized countries based on the Covid-19 risk assessment. An asymptomatic traveler from Category A country doesn’t require a PCR test certificate, whereas a traveler from Category B country will require presenting a negative PCR test certificate.
- Both passengers and crew members travelling to Pakistan are also expected to fill out the Health Declaration form prior to boarding an aircraft to be disseminated by airlines
- The aircraft traveling to Pakistan shall be disinfected as per the guideline given by PCAA before passenger boarding. The disinfection is to be logged in the aircraft document
- Covid-19 protection inventory including PPE kit, gloves, face masks, sanitizer, goggles shall be maintained in each aircraft
During Flight Safety Measure
- The passenger must wear a face mask throughout the flight duration except during mealtime
- Any passenger identified with the symptoms of cold and cough or high fever will need to inform the cabin crew
- Cabin crew will provide hand sanitizer after every hour during the course of the aircraft except during food service
- Food and beverages will be served with proper packing and hygiene.
Post- Disembarkation Safety Measures
- Disembarkation will be done from front to back row-wise ensuring the social distancing
- Travelers will be advised to be in the queue with a distance of 02 meters and will undergo thermal screening
- Traveler detected with fever will be marked by health staff and informed immediately to supervisor
Travelers Entering Airport At Pakistan
To Flatten the Coronavirus Curve, the government of Pakistan implemented New SOP for International Passenger/ Chartered/ Private Aircraft Flights. Following measures are to be taken in case of a passenger traveling to Pakistan Airport-
- Travelers must provide contact information through:-
a. The PassTrack mobile app
b. An accessible web-based form
- The Passengers must undergo a screening test by a health official at the airport
- The passenger need to present a certificate of negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test
Mandatory Covid-19 PCR Test Certificate
International passengers arriving at the airport of Pakistan will need to present a mandatory negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test certificate effective from October 5th, 2020. The test has been taken within 96 hours of the travel date from an authorized center. Passengers coming from Australia, Germany, China, Cuba, Greece, Turkey, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and many more countries are exempted from this mandatory COVID-19 testing. The list has been provided by the Ministry National Health Services, Regulation and coordination based on disease burden of COVID-19.
This mobile application is mandatory to download in their mobile phones if the passenger is traveling to Pakistan. The passenger who wishes to arrive at Pakistan will need to fill out their contact information on this mobile app. To speed up your arrival process in Pakistan and spend less time with immigration and public health officers, use this mobile app. Easily and safely send your data using the app within 48 hours prior to arriving in Pakistan. The app helps to support you:
- The application will help provide mandatory information that is required to enter into Pakistan
- It will help reduce your wait time and points of contact at the airport
- During the 14 days after arrival in Pakistan, the app will provide the Government of Pakistan with voluntary alerts and the progress of any symptoms.