In the wake of rising omicron cases in India, the Central Government has made the pre-booking of RT PCR tests for International passengers arriving from at-risk countries at six major Indian airports.
The Six airports where the rule will first come into effect are Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. The new system will come into effect from December 20.
All Airlines are required to check the mandatory pre-booking of their passengers before boarding the flight. In case the passenger is having difficulty in pre-booking, a passenger will not be denied boarding, they will have to book it at the airport before departure.
The countries classified as at-risk as of December 15, 2021, are:
- Countries in Europe, including The United Kingdom
- South Africa
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
Steps to Pre-Book RT-PCR Test
- Visit www. newdelhiairport.in (Air Suvidha Portal) and click on the ‘‘Book Covid-19 Test’ option on the top panel.
- Next, select travel type (in this case, international arrival).
- Then fill up all personal details such as name, email ID, mobile number, Aadhaar card/passport number, address, appointment date, time slot, etc.
- After entering all the details, select the type of test (in this case, RT-PCR, though Rapid PCR testing is available as well)
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen, and book a slot for your RT-PCR test on arrival at the airport.
Passengers can also reschedule their appointment or cancel booking altogether.
Check the Complete Air Transport Bubble here
Call us for more details: 1-866-723-9393