As the quarantine period lifts gradually, countries are opening their borders for tourists. Hawaii Islands is also ready to welcome tourists for the first time after seven months of lockdown. On the first day of reopening, about 8,000 people arrived in the state after dropping off the seven months of quarantine.
The Hawaiian Islands allowed tourists to travel on the first day of a pre-travel testing program without having to complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine. However, travelers must have to carry a negative coronavirus test certificate conducted within 72 hours of their departure date in order to avoid the quarantine.
What is the Pre-Travel Testing?
Since the world taking a downturn due to pandemic, planning a trip to reopened Hawaii has proved to be quite difficult. Pre-travel testing would allow safe visitors to eliminate the mandatory 14-day quarantine if they have a qualified COVID-19 negative test no earlier than 72 hours before their final flight departs for Hawaii. In addition, travelers arriving in Hawaii will have their temperatures tested upon arrival and a travel and health form must be filled out.
The new pre-travel program is an attempt to mitigate Hawaii’s tourism-based economy which massively declined due to the onset of the pandemic. Hawaii Island has about 4,000 restaurants, bakeries, and caterers and more than 50% of restaurants are about to close due to the massive drop in the number of visitors.
The mandatory quarantine rule was introduced by authorities as a crucial part of Hawaii’s early success in holding the coronavirus at bay. Hawaii Islands’ is ready to welcome tourists again with a pre-travel testing option but concerns have risen as the Covid-19 Cases are increasing across the United States.
Flying to Hawaii? Travelers must need to Know
With pre-travel testing, Hawaii Island reopened for tourists as long as they present a proof of a negative COVID-19 test certificate and fill out the health questionnaire form prior to arrival within the state.
Travelers who can provide written confirmation of a negative test result from a state-approved COVID-19 testing facility within 72 hours of departure will be able to bypass Hawaii’s mandatory quarantine order. This test result must be verified before arriving in Hawaii, to be replicated, and the visitor must show proof of this test upon arrival.
US Travelers Must Need to Know-
- The cost of the test will be the responsibility of the traveler and no testing will be available at the airports in Hawaii upon arrival. If a tourist takes the wrong test mistakenly, the traveler would be forced to be quarantined for 14 days upon the arrival
- When they complete their travel and health forms on the Safe Travels digital system, travelers will be able to upload their negative test results: travel.hawaii.gov
- If the test results of a visitor are not available at the time of arrival, the visitor must remain in quarantine until the test results are obtained
- All travelers are subject to pre-test criteria, including all children 5 and older
How to Qualify for Pre-approval Testing?
U.S. travelers must be complying with the steps before entering Hawaii’s islands:
- All US travelers must need to register through the mandatory Hawaii Safe Travels online program before traveling to Hawaii
- Travelers must need to undergo COVID-19 test with negative results through Hawaii’s trusted testing and travel partners
- Travelers have to fill up the health questionnaire on your Safe Travels account 24 hours prior to departure
- Travelers need to comply with travel requirements associated with the country they are flying also carry enough masks and follow social distancing protocol
- On arrival, all incoming Hawaii travelers must undergo thermal temperature checks and facial-imaging technology
- Upon arrival, traveler need to produce the Safe Travels QR code to local officials