At the 2022 World Airline Awards, Qatar Airways was voted as the Best Airline in the World for a record-breaking seventh time, taking home the honor of being named Airline of the Year for the year. Airlines from all around the world attended the 2022 World Airline Awards event, which recently took place at the renowned Langham Hotel in London, United Kingdom, after two years of virtual award ceremonies.
According to Skytrax, a UK-based website that evaluates and reviews airlines and airports, Singapore Airlines came in second and Emirates in third place among the top carriers in the world. Based on more than 14 million consumer surveys collected across 100 countries between September 2021 and August 2022, over 350 airlines were evaluated.
In July 2022, Qatar Airways topped a similar ranking compiled by AirlineRatings.com.
The results for Qatar Airways come as the nation prepares to receive a large influx of tourists from across the world for the FIFA World Cup, which will take place in November and December of 2022.
The World Airline Awards, often referred to as “the Oscars of the airline industry,” were established in 1999 and continue to be completely unbiased and independent, with the organizers, Skytrax, covering all costs associated with the customer survey and the awards ceremony.
At the awards, Singapore Airlines and Qatar Airways were the two biggest winners, each taking home nine prizes.
Additionally, Qatar Airways was recognized as offering the best business class in the world.
The main characteristics of Qatar’s Qsuite Business Class are listed below as:
- Establishing a secluded retreat by locking all doors and sliding privacy screens
- The combination of mood lighting, totally flat beds, and enough storage has raised the bar for comfort.
- Customized turndown service includes pillows, a quilted mattress, and a soft, plush duvet in addition to The White Company robes and slippers to improve sleep quality.
- There is a Do Not Disturb button to ensure uninterrupted sleep.
- To keep your clients connected, use super Wi-Fi
- On-demand à la carte menu created by the world’s top chefs
- 4,000 entertainment selections, including award-winning boxsets and Hollywood blockbusters
- Additionally, the media panel has an all-access power port and convenient USB, HDMI, and NFC features.
Delta Air Lines enjoyed success in North America and took home six prizes. Turkish Airlines dominated Europe, winning four accolades, including the fiercely contested Best Airline in Europe honor.
Another notable winner was India’s Vistara, which took home two prizes for Best Airline in India and Southern Asia and Best Airline Staff Service.
The top 20 airlines in the world, as voted by the 2022 Skytrax World Airline Awards:
1] Qatar Airways
2] Singapore Airlines
4] ANA All Nippon Airways
5] Qantas Airways
6] Japan Airlines
7] Turkish Airlines
8] Air France
9] Korean Air
10] Swiss Int’l Air Lines
11] British Airways
12] Etihad Airways
13] China Southern
14] Hainan Airlines
16] Cathay Pacific
18] EVA Air
19] Virgin Atlantic