As the airlines continues to rapidly restore its network internationally and in the U.S., Qatar Airways has announced its plan of launching weekly flights to San Francisco effective from December 15, 2020.
As the Covid-19 circumstances are continuously evolving, the national carrier of the State of Qatar is introducing a fifth new destination in 2020 to further expand its network across the globe. Launch of flights to San Francisco will bring its network in the United State to 55 Weekly flights across nine gateways including Los Angeles, New York, Boston, Chicago and more. Passengers can travel safely across the world with state-of-the-art A350 as they offer a seamless journey through Hamad International Airport, the Best Airport in the Middle East.
This new service to San Francisco of Qatar Airways will be operated using state-of-the-art Airbus A350-900 containing 36 seats with the award-winning Qsuite Business Class and 247 seats in Economy Class, with passengers enjoying free broadband Super Wi-Fi until January 2021.
|QR737||DOH||SFO||08:15:00||12:55:00||TUE, THU, SAT, SUN||A350|
|QR738||SFO||DOH||14:55:00||17:15+ 1||TUE, THU, SAT, SUN||A350|
During the pandemic, Qatar Airway, one of the best airlines has continued to rebuild its network with leading flexible travel policies, improved safety measures providing reliability for passengers. Throughout the pandemic, Qatar Airways was operating to the U.S. with flights to both Chicago and Dallas-Fort Worth to help the stranded people get back home safely.
The Chief Executive of the Qatar Airways said:” As our newest destination and our ninth current U.S. gateway, we are pleased to welcome San Francisco. We have made it a priority not only to restore our existing destinations and to be able to rely on airline travelers as we navigate the crisis, but also to expand our network and enhance connectivity to provide new and important destinations for our customers.”
Launch of flights to San Francisco(SFO) will expand its network within the United State and some other dynamic cities including Boston (BOS), Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW), Chicago (ORD), Houston (IAH), New York (JFK), Los Angeles (LAX), Philadelphia (PHL) and Washington D.C. (IAD). By mid-December, through its strategic alliances with American Airlines and JetBlue, the carrier will fly 55 weekly flights to nine destinations in the United States, serving hundreds of American cities.
Benefits of Booking With Qatar
- Qatar Airways is one of the leading global airlines connecting passengers around the globe operating one of the most efficient and sustainable fleets to take people safely to their destination.
- Qatar Airways is providing its customer flexibility to upgrade their cabin to Qsuite and experience the most private Business Class seats in the skies, and discover their own world of luxury, safety and privacy
- Travelers can book travel with peace of mind as Qatar Airline is offering flexible booking options which gives customer more freedom while booking their journey effective until December 31st, 2020*
- Throughout their journey, travelers will experience the highest standards of hygiene and precautionary measures, whether onboard or at the airport (Hamad International Airport in Doha, Qatar)
- The award-winning Qsuite business class seat will be enjoyed by Business Class passengers on this flight with its enhanced safety, including sliding doors and the ability to use a ‘Do Not Disturb (DND)’ indicator. The Qsuite seat layout is a 1-2-1 configuration that gives passengers the most spacious, completely private, comfortable and socially distanced Business Class cabins in the sky to the Middle East and beyond.
The most sophisticated safety and hygiene measures have been strictly enforced by Qatar Airways, including the provision of personal protective equipment (PPE) kit for cabin crew and a free security package and removable face shields for passengers.
Qatar Airways’ hub, Hamad International Airport (HIA) has adapted advanced precautionary measures and applied social distancing throughout its terminals. The passenger touchpoints are sanitized frequently, plus boarding gates and bus gate counters are cleaned after each flight. In addition, hand sanitizers are provided at every step of your journey.