Due to the spread of mutant variants of coronavirus in many countries, new guidelines for all international travellers travelling to India through flights originating from the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East. The new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in effect from 23.59 hours on February 22 till further orders.
The New Standard operating procedures for travellers transiting through flights originating from the UK, Europe and middle east. As there are no direct flights between India, and Brazil and South Africa, the passengers arrive through transiting flights from Europe and the Middle East.
Following are the guidelines for international arrivals effective Monday (22 February):
- Before the Scheduled Travel all international travellers will have to submit self-declaration (SDF) for Covid on the online Air Suvidha portal.
- Travellers will also have to upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report on the online portal www.newdelhiairport.in. with the declaration form stating the authenticity of the report.
- The test should have been conducted within 72 hours prior to the journey.
- A thermal screening will be conducted at the time of boarding. Only asymptomatic travellers will be allowed.
- Passengers should adhere to all the guidelines from wearing masks, following social distancing and should have the Aarogya Setu app on mobile devices.
- These rules are applicable to international travellers arriving through seaports/land ports except the facility for online registration is not available for such passengers currently.
- The In-flight segregation of passengers needs to be done by Airlines for travellers arriving from or transiting through the UK, Brazil and South Africa (During past 14 days).
- It is mandatory to self-paid confirmatory molecular tests on arrivals at the Indian airports for all travellers arriving from/transiting through flights originating in the United Kingdom, Europe or the Middle East.
- All travellers from Europe and the Middle East shall give samples at the designated area and exit the airport. If the test report is negative, they will be advised to self-monitor their health for 14 days. If the test report is positive, they will undergo treatment as per standard health protocol.
Here is the Official Document of Algorithm for International Arrivals.
Click here to check official Document – Guidelines for International Arrivals.