After a three-year suspension, passenger flight operations between Istanbul and Shanghai-Pudong are set to resume as of January 13th, 2023. In order to ensure the safety of all travelers, new regulations have been put in place regarding visa and customs procedures.
As of January 8th, 2023 at 00:01 LT, the following visa regulations are in effect:
- Foreign citizens who hold Chinese visas issued after March 28th, 2020 will be accepted.
- APEC Business Travel Card holders valid for travel to “CHN” will be accepted, but e-APEC cards are not accepted. Physical cards are required.
- Citizens of countries with mutual visa exemption agreements with the People’s Republic of China will be accepted. However, citizens of unilateral visa-free countries such as Japan and Singapore are suspended.
- Holders of Permanent Resident Cards and Resident Permits of the People’s Republic of China will be accepted.
- 72/144-H TWOV policy for listed ports and nationals has been resumed.
Please check the following links for details:
- Foreign citizens who hold Port Visa Notification Forms with visas granted and obtained on arrival will be accepted. However, passengers must have sufficient cash in CNY for visa fees on arrival.
In addition to visa regulations, all passengers are required to fill out a “Health Declaration Form” before boarding at Istanbul station and keep a screenshot of the QR code. Passengers are also required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test report within 48 hours before the flight at their first departure station. AVIH and PETC are allowed to enter China, but rules must be followed.
These regulations have been put in place to ensure the safety of all passengers and will be closely monitored and updated as necessary. We advise all travelers to review the regulations and make sure they have the necessary documents and certifications before embarking on their trip. Please check the links provided for more information on visa and customs regulations.
Talk to one of our certified travel advisors for more details: 1-866-723-9393